My book Music for the People - the Pleasures and Pitfalls of Classical Music is in the shops now. Go get it.#fireworks #atrumpetfanfare #hangoutthemusicalbunting
You can also order it online, download an eBook (for iPad, Kindle, iPhone, etc) or buy the audioBook. Find out how to order or download on my book page.
I promise you, it's a great read.
5 comments:
Fantastic book Gareth. It is the best audiobook I have read so far. You have got me interested in reading books again.
Dear Gareth,
many thanks for an inspiring and enjoyable read and for many enjoyable choir programs. I used to sing in a choir myself for many years, and I feel tempted to join one again after watching 'The choir'. When I recently discovered the music of a fabulously gifted Canadian Songwriter Ron Sexsmith I thought about you. His lyrics are inspiring, and poetic, and he writes melodies, complex and inspiring, many of them simply addictive, turning into 'earworms' first time you hear them. When listening to Ron's new album and his impressive back catalogue, I - and many of his fans felt - that many of his songs would sound fabulous as arrangements for choirs. I am aware that you will receive many messages similar to this one, but I thought I still let you know, as his music moves many people - and is the best non-classical music I have heard in many years, speaking directly to and from your heart and soul. Michael Bubble recently covered one of Ron songs - called 'Whatever it takes' and Paul Mc Cartney and ELvis Costello praise his talent. I send you a link to his website: www.ronsexsmith.com. Turning his music into a project for a choir would be a treat for many I think. Enjoy, and all best wishes. Inge
And here are some examples of his work.. Enjoy... :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X2LJ-BEBhY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFww3fLhjl8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_28bK7xKVmw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=banLXmX9ml4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsCy4AW_pwI&feature=related
I love you Gareth. (:
Post a Comment